Candidates & Races
As NOW advocates for women’s rights, electing feminists is a crucial part of our strategy. This builds on our decades of electoral work which has increased the presence and clout of candidates who support women’s rights.
NOW PACs’ electoral work offers distinct benefits to both the candidates and the causes we support – as well as to the people who contribute to them:
- NOW PACs can rely upon the members of the largest grassroots feminist organization in the country. Activists in NOW’s 550 local chapters work with candidates for election to every level of government. In 1996 alone, NOW PACs endorsed more than 700 women’s rights candidates throughout the U.S.
- NOW PACs are using innovative strategies to help candidates break through the political glass ceiling.
- NOW PACs target states and districts where feminist candidates flood the ticket at all levels, and activists mobilize support for all of them in one coordinated campaign. We also recruit and endorse strong feminists early in their political careers, recognizing that a candidate may have to run more than once to win.
- NOW is a nonpartisan, feminist political force. NOW PACs endorse all candidates who take uncompromising stands on our issues–women and men of any political affiliation.
Candidates can seek an endorsement in three steps:
1. Download and complete the appropriate candidate questionnaire.
2. Return the completed questionnaire to your chapter. Not sure where your closest chapter is? Locate it here.
3. Refer your questions, concerns and suggestions to the PAC committee at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE NOT THE FINAL QUESTIONNAIRES, THEY ARE BEING UPDATED. THANK YOU!
NOW Chapters: View Endorsement Guidelines