Chapter Endorsement Guidelines
This is meant to be a suggested guideline for chapters in submitting candidate questionnaires to the Florida NOW PAC for endorsement consideration.
- Determine the races and candidates in your geographical area. Coordinate with other chapters in the area to make sure all races are covered.
- Form a committee to be responsible for the questionnaire process. Determine if the committee will have the authority to make decisions on its own or if they need to bring their findings back to the chapter. Allow plenty of time for the process.
- Contact the candidates and tell them you will be sending a questionnaire and ask if they prefer to have it email or standard mail. Send immediately.
- After a few days, contact the candidate again to confirm they received it and ask how soon you can expect a response.
- When the completed questionnaire is received, make a note of any questions you have.
- Set up an appointment for a face to face interview. It is best if two people go.
- At the interview, ask the candidate to explain further any answers that were unclear to you.
- Ask the candidate to sign the copy of the questionnaire with your notes on it.
- Forward the completed questionnaire along with your notes and recommendations to the chair of the Florida NOW PAC committee. This must be done at least at least two weeks before the next scheduled state council meeting.
If you have questions, feel free to contact the PAC Committee at email@example.com.